lick here for current Directors

Bill Fitzgerald

 Bill Fitzgerald Retired 7 March 2018

Sean Moran Retired 7 March 2018

 Henry Nash

Henry Nash retired 5 October 2016

John O'Connor Jr retired October 2016

Edward O'Callaghan

Edward O'Callaghan Retired 2 March 2016

Mary Fitzgerald

Mary Fitzgerald Retired 2 March 2016

Shane O'Callaghan

Shane O'Callaghan Retired 2 March 2016

Directors 5 Annual General Meeting

Breeda Ryan

Breeda Ryan Retired 4 February 2015reelected 7 March 2018

Kieran Ambrose

Kieran Ambrose Retired 4 February 2015

Ger Cusack

Ger Cusack Retired at 5 February 2014

Paul O'Connell

Paul O'Connell Retired at 5 February 2014

Gerard O'Connor

Gerard O'Connor. Retired 6 February 2013


Ger Healy

Ger Healy Retired 11 July 2012

Liam Aherne
Liam Aherne Retired 11 July 2012

Dan Mulcahy Treasuer
Dan Mulcahy Retired 6 April 2011

Dave Dooley Treasuer
Dave Dooley Retired 6 April 2011

Denis Hogan
Denis Hogan RIP Retired 4 February 2009
Gerry Keyes
Gerry Keyes Retired 4 February 2009

Some directors from the 1990s and 2000s

Pat Dowling RIP
Anthony Nestor
Jennifer Shorten
Niall Shorten
Sean Mullally
Sebastian Stacpoole
Eoin Noonan

8 April 1991 The current  business entity Limerick City and County Motor Club Ltd. that trades as Limerick Motor Club was formed 8 April 1991, the first directors of that company were

Finbarr (Barry) Tobin
Harry (Hal) Lewis
Patrick (Paddy) Powell (Paddy was club secretary for a number of years)
John Walsh
Patrick Canny
Patrick (Paddy) McDonnell
James O'Mahoney

6 November 1990 The Limerick Motor Club Limited dissolved

October 1986
Chairman Hal Lewis, Secretary Bernard Kelly, Treasurer Barry Tobin
Paddy Powell, John Walsh,Niall Mullane, Kieran Hogan, Kieran Ronan, James Doherty, James O'Mahoney, Denis Collins, Pat Gleeson, John Barry

28 February 1984 Directors after AGM
Chairman Pat Gleeson,Treasurer Pat Neville, Secretary Pat Geaney, President Stan Russell
James Doherty, ,Denis Collins, John O'Leary, Pat Canny, James Sparling, John Barry, Bernard Kelly, Paddy Kennedy, James O'Mahoney, Connie Ward, Ted Jennings


Photograph of directors from January 1983 Newsletter
Back row James O'Mahoney, Pat Canny, Joe Keane, Tom Cooney, Bill Hickey, Evan Conroy, Michael Naughton, Pat Neville, James Doherty
Front Row Stan Russell, Pat Gleeson, Hal Lewis,Brian Sparling, Denis Collins
Missing from this photograph was John O'Leary

Other directors in the 1980s Frank Keohane

1970s
Sean Cox, John Leonard, Connie Bourke, Shaun Wall, Donal Griffin
1974 members
1974 photo

1966 Chairman Brian Geary, Secretary John Lane, Treasurer Brian F Cullen (son of Fred Cullen a former chairman of the club)

1963 Michael J Harkin was director and assistant treasurer

March 1959 Messrs Flynn, Leonard, Kinlay and O'Sullivan welcomed to the committee. Don Gray Hon Secretary

1956 Brian Geary replaced Paddy Fogarty as Hon. Secretary of the club

21 January 1955 Extraordinary General Meeting to announce that club was now a limited company Officers Elected
Chairman Mr George Newenham
Hon. Secretary Mr Paddy Fogarty
Hon. Treasurer Mrs Claire Fitzgerald
Other Directors Messrs Val Baker, Guy Baker, Phil Heelan, P.J. Morrissey, "Bobby" Blake and Dr B Blake

15 November 1954 Incorporated as The Limerick Motor Club Limited
Chairman Frederick Cullen
Hon Secretary Michael Gerard Liston
Hon Treasurer Edward William Anthony Cussen
Richard Joseph Nash,
George Alexander Newenham
John Noel Thompson
Joseph Desmond Patrick Garry
Hector Myles Newenham
Sean Norman Fitzgerald
Asst Hon Sec Nevitt Patrick Day Fogarty

Witness to above Signatures Michael O'B Kelly, Solicitor, 98 O'Connell Street, Limerick

5 December 1952 Officers Elected for 1953
President His Lordship the Earl of Dunraven CB CBE MC 
Vice Presidents His Worship the Mayor Limerick Alderman J Carew TD, President Chamber of Commerce Mr V Frazer-Ross, Dublin, Mr D A Scannell Secretary British Racing Drivers Association
Chairman Mr F Cullen
Hon Treasurer Mr N Thompson
Hon Secretary Mr M J O'Connor
Competition Secretary Mr J D Garry
Committee Messrs R J Nash, P J Morrissey, E Cussen, G Mills, P Fogarty, D K Waterstone, and R McKay
At this meeting it was agreed for brevity to change the name from "Limerick Light Car and Motor Cycle Club" to "The Limerick Motor Club"

1952 Vice Chairman Victor F Ross  Club President Richard Nash

November 1948 The annual general meeting elected officers. It was stated that the club had 56 members
President Viscount Adare
Vice Presidents DJ Scannell (London), V Frazer Ross (Dublin) and DJ O'Brien (Limerick)
Chairman Commdt J Dundon
Hon Secretary M O'Connor
Hon Treasurer JR Eades
Committee S Russell, S Fitzgerald, F Cullen, A O'Brien, JH Eades, _ Heelan, P Phillips
Delegates to the RIAC DJ O'Brien and VF Ross
Delegates to the MCUI S Russell, S Fitzgerald
Social Secretary J Garry

1948 The first general meeting of the Limerick Light Car and Motor Cycle Club was held 21 May 1948 
Committee members appointed were
Mr. R I C Kemp Chair
Mr. D J O'Brien Hon. Secretary
Mr. J D Connolly Hon. Treasurer
Comdt Dundon Hon Competitions Secretary
Mr S Fitzgerald Hon Competitions Secretary
Mr S Russell Hon Competitions Secretary
Mr A O'Brien
Mr J R Eades
Mr G Leask
Mr G Bennett
Mr D O'Grady
Article from Limerick Leader